Wednesday, August 17, 2011

BBQ with highschool gfs

6 Alphabets but one pronunciation. FRIEND can be define in many ways, even your mom or dad can be apart of your friends, sisters and brothers, cousins, even a boyfriend can be one.


Some people choose to have one bestfriend, the one who they can share all their tears and laughter together. But not me! I never ever had a bestfriend even for once in my life. Because I don't believe there is one. For me, the way I define a bestfriend is quite different because I know that I am a very sensitive and quite a hot tempered person. Well I believe that I can control my temperament as long as that someone is not a very close acquaintance to me.



Some people choose to have a group of best friends and even some claim themselves as BFFs as known as Best Friends Forever. Yet, it depends on individual, depends on how they look at it. But then again, for myself, I don't believe of a group of bestfriends because I am quite a competitive person. So it's good if that someone remain to be just my friend, thus my superego can always control the jealousy from taking over my personality. Other than that, I'm certain that jealousy is women's natural feeling, so it wouldn't be just me who might feel threatened with the other friend's credibility, but she is as well. Or maybe they.




 I can't take harsh words over me. Some girls purposely let you down because of their jealousy, neglecting the feeling of sensitiveness that every girl has. They initially will debit every single thing about your life in their account, until at some point, they will purposely make you burst into tears. Anything. Could be your education status, who your boyfriend is, what you wear, where you go, etc. You might do some poker face everytime they do so, and cry behind the wall, dig it deep inside your heart, and again, at some point, whenever you find there's a space for your revenge, you would just do the same thing to your so called bestfriend. Still, you're still together because it's undeniable that bestfriends are forgiving. But for me, I can't withstand that kind of relationship. I am a forgiving person, but I am a very sensitive person too.

Yet, my life isn't as lame as you thought, not having a bestfriend isn't a big deal for me because I've been through it since I was young, and I am still alive until today. Because I still have my family, a boyfriend, cousins, aunts, and what most, a lot of FRIENDS. I couldn't deny that I have a lot of good friends since I was in kinder garden. And I am so grateful that I'm actually surrounded with a lot of people who are willing to be my good friends, who cares about me, who might not be there when I'm sad, but atleast cheer my every single day up. I can say that I'm a "Hi-Bye" type of person. Which means, not a last long friends-relationship. But I love gatherings and reunion.

I don't know how, but whenever there's a moment where the friends make a heart-to-heart conversation with each other, they would say that it was fun for knowing me as a friend. Not being braggy. But I believe because I never done what a bestfriend sometimes does. Perhaps I did. But maybe it's easier if I conclude
"Bestfriends can be your enemy. Sometimes they're helpful, sometimes they're hurtful." Can you tell the difference between "Bestfriends back talk and purposely hurt you" and "Friends back talk and purposely hurt you." Which one would be more hurtful? Since you prefer to share every downturns in your lives with someone known as bestfriends, they might later get you down, maybe mentally who knows. Because they always know your weaknesses. Well again, it depends. It's just the way I think for not having one. And maybe, I haven't found the best that's why I don't simply claim a person as the "best". Still, people change!

To emphasize the word peers, which referring to those who shares the same year of birth, same education level, same maturity, same understanding and grew up in the same era.

So there you go. A reunion of my STJ friends. I know my previous school did invite me for their reunion and I'm really sorry for not joining you guys if you read this. Just because I'm quite close to these STJ friends of mine, because we sleep, we eat and we study together.

I miss them so much. They were all actually a quite naughty group of girlfriends. I entered the crowd since I was in Form 4 and I'm glad that I met them because they love each other, and would sacrifice for each other, be there for you when the seniors ragging you or maybe when the wardens intentionally looked for rabbles. Some did hurt me deeply, but then it's gone. And now when it comes to a reunion, all the hurts disappear, with the presence of laughter all night.

The vacation at Malacca was the last time I gathered with them. As time goes by, the girls kept saying of wanting another gathering, but when and where are always be the most troublesome of all. They did ask me to hang  out for awhile, but I've never been able to make it. Busy with school stuffs! And now it's my call to plan a gathering with them, what's more when Ilani and Alin both of my medical student friends are leaving Malaysia this September. Ilani to India and Alin to Czech Republic. I wanted to see them so badly. I'm going to overseas for only 2 years but they're going for 5 to 6 years. Sadly, Ilan couldn't join and I felt so disappointed with that as my purpose of this gathering is, to see them both. 

To reduce the expenses, I planned a sweet BBQ night at my house in Kuala Pilah. Why I chose my house in KP, because I myself really miss the house the one where I grew up. So zero cent for accomodation, isn't that brilliant?

After shopping the BBQ stuffs at Senawang, Alhamdulillah we could manage reach my house before Iftar. Sadly, Ayuni's car had to face a heavy rain all the way to Kuala Pilah. Surely in our mind was "Hurmm...jadi ke tak BBQ malam ni...Hujan pulak..." *Sigh. The rain getting slower and slower until it stops. What fun about it, we entered STJ around 7pm without even asking the Pak Guard's permission. I bet he was busy preparing his own Iftar. We explored the whole school, the hostel, even the principal's house and there were a lot of changes within 3 years.

The co-driver.

After Iftar nasi bungkus and Maghreb prayer, we then rushed to the kitchen for marinating and preparing.
Warning! Those girls in circle are not because I hate them, but because they didn't wear their hijab and it's not appropriate for me to upload the pictures nakedly. Yeap I can just not put them in my blog, but I think it's no fun if I don't upload every single moment during the gathering.

Doing the marinade.





The potato salad again.



Another car just arrived around 10pm.


Then we started BBQing




While some was BBQing

Some was chit chatting,




 Some were blowing the balloong




Some was decorating the yard




It's time to serve the tummy-s

With Basmallah...


After cleaning the dining hall and the kitchen, we gossip all night. Too boring to talk about our university lives, so we gossip about each other, about other batch-mates, juniors and seniors, teachers and wardens. Even talk about future things, boyfriends and husbands. And they did say "Must get a husband who can allow the wife to give us a leave to gather for one whole day or two." =)

Some of my burung hantu friends didn't sleep, we continued chatting until Sahur. But the long hours travel from KL to Senawang then to Kuala Pilah. I was really exhausted! I slept after Suboh prayer. 
How exhausted I look? And I know the word "Ummu Tanam" which given by one of my Ustaz, which means Ibu Tidur, will never be erased from their memory.

Thank god the three drivers gave us the chance to sleep for 2 hours or less before we all packed up our things to leave.


 We left Kuala Pilah around 8.30 am. And as usual, the guests would never missed taking pictures with the nature as their background.


The view from my room. The best view in the house.












 Not everyone was here. Credit to my dear dormmate Ilani, then Wendy, Jane, Masha, Risya, Effa and Gmoy. Yeap they have quite weird names, or maybe sweet names to call. To not-a-hostel readers, just so you know actually for students who stays in a hostel, they normally given a new name or (nama panggilan) by their form 5 seniors when they were all in form 1. And for my case, I don't have any because I entered 2007, when I was in form 4. Ummu Tanam tu, ustaz saya yang kasi ye.






Some of my friends did blog about the gathering too.





3 comments:

  1. hey, ur house sangat lawalah idora. terasa teringin pula nak pergi.

    btw, schoolmates always the bestfren that i had ever had. susah dah nak cari kawan macam mereka bila dah masuk zaman uni kan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NI hanisah kan?
    Owh you're welcome to my house..=)
    And yeap, they're fun because we grew up together.=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. its me lor. x kan x igt dah kot? hahaha. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...