Thursday, August 25, 2011

Taylor's Parking issue

On behalf of my boyfriend as a driver and me as the co-driver, I want to post this out.



"Dear Taylor's, my main reason for creating this group is to address the issue that has occur before and is occurring again. It seems that the parking issue in our campus is getting from bad to worse. The opening of the new piece of land and the parking fees has only been a temporary solution which has in turn made the situation worse. As a Taylor's student, I feel I have the right to speak out for my frustration and unhappiness towards this situation.



Our fees includes the facilities that we have around our campus and parking is also considered a facility. Bad enough we are already paying high fees and now have to accept extra parking charges,there are no parking lots available. We can come as early at 10am and every parking area is closed. Guards are shooing away cars to go else where and park when every single area is full. Cars are circling all over the campus looking for parking and this results in many students being late for classes and lectures. Cars that make their own parking are clamped and I think that is very,very unfair to them as they are frustrated having going round after round to search for parking and being late for class having using the time to search for a parking. Students should not be clamped if Taylor's is not supplying enough parking. Totally unfair.



If a student is parking at a spot that is blocking traffic he or she should be clamp. But if they are not able to find parking but park at side of the road and not cause any blockage or traffic, I don't see why is it fair they'd be clamped. We have gone through a period before where students park all sides around Taylors and still able to get through. So how is punishing students by clamping their cars fair when there is no parking? And is there some form of biasness towards certain cars? Yes there are only limited clamps in Taylors, but if all are wrong, all are to be punished. Right now I see bigger cars with nicer number plates escaping getting clamped while other cars get clamp. Not right.



Being called a campus with world class facilities, having a half an hour show on 8TV showing how great our campus is but having nonsensical,third class parking just destroys it. How can you even charge RM3 for a parking area which is wet,muddy,dirty and hot and far away from the academic blocks and charge the same amount for shaded,basement parking. It is already a pain walking under the scorching sun and what more if it rain's heavily. I see this as poor planning for a campus that calls itself world class.



Do not take my words as being rude as I am stating every fact on the table. If I go too easy on words things will be taken lightly but neither shall I go too wild with my language. We indeed have a good campus but the parking situation has become a real sore in our throats. It is already bad right now. With the October intakes coming soon, it'll be parking havoc all over again and yes.. we shall see videos posted all over Youtube again. The goal of Taylor's is to be a university of 20,000 students and now more but are not available to provide parking enough for even 10,000 vehicles. Dreaming and aiming high is one thing but not having the capacity to provide room for such dreams is bad planning. Nice to have tiles in the first floor of the campus but having paid my fees along with my other friends I can say I would rather have a parking everyday and not get frustrated coming to uni than have my feet walk on classier ground.



My goal here as a single student opening this group is to get as many friends and students to support my facts. As a student I am not much but as a group we are stronger. As to the people responsible in Taylor's whom I hope this messages reaches you, I am creating my own opportunity to voice out. If a campaign of yellow people can make such an impact in a country, I don't see why if I can get enough support my cause cannot be made into a main issue to solve."





Perghhh I salute whoever did this for the sake of the students. The uneven parking lot doesn't trouble me as much as the other car owners as it causes their tires to wear off, in the meantime, it causes my wedges to wear off too. And very hard to walk to the car. Fell down so many times already, and had fun watching other girls trying to balance their body while walking through the lot.

So why wait? Click here Taylor's Parking Issue and click the like button.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...