It was a very wonderful day for me as it was my first time went to his house, referring to the first encounter with his parents and siblings. His parents knew that we've been together for quite a long time, but they haven't met me before. Until he eventually built up the guts to introduce me to his mom, dad and Angah. I went out with his little brother for quite sometimes and we are quite close to each other eversince then. He likes to come over to my house in Damansara to play swimming pool with my other siblings. Yes its supposed to be the second most nervous moment, I mean after bersanding, to meet the parents. But Alhamdulillah I've prepared myself mentally and physically. Physically, I chose not to wear extra vaganza make up because it's just a BBQ, right? And a quite sopan blouse with a long pants. It's not that I was being hypocrite, but it's just a way to respect the first encounter with the family. While mentally, ehem ehem. Being a good cook isn't yet a classic way in winning the parents' heart, it's the spotlight for everything still I believe. I'm not a good cook no, I don't have the skills to cook, not even know how to cook. We weren't raised to be in the kitchen, as everything has been done, again, by our lovely Bibik since we were young. But we learn as time goes by, Kak Long now knows how to make lasagna and such. Hence, I asked her potato salad recipe as the main dish, as a medium to get a not so bad impression from his parents.
The plan was supposed to be me, Surya, George and Fim to go to By's house first in the evening to prepare stuffs that can be prepared such as marinating, burning the coals and everything. But out of the blue George said that he needed to settle his VISA stuffs in Putrajaya that morning and because of that, Surya and Fim chose to go later. It was only me left. I did ask some of the girlfriends to come over earlier and help what can be helped, but everyone was busy with their own stuffs. Well I'm not blaming them. Because it's no one's fault. It's like a shocked request as I asked them to come along the day before the BBQ night itself. It's like a last minute information and I know it's not easy to find replacement.
Luckily Jason and Yu Full willing to accompany me to go earlier. Fewhh! Can you imagine if a useless cook being all alone by herself in the kitchen? And at the boyfriend parents' kitchen some more? Thank God. Yu Full is a good cook and he knows everything about chores. I whispered to him, asking on how to cut the red onion into small pieces. Suddenly the mom came over and took a look at me cutting the onions, and now it's time to whisper to my heart "Ya Allah, cepat la Aunty ni pergi." while cutting them slowly. Then the mom said, "Potong nipis sikit Idora."
Yu Full the master chef. His exhausted face after the BBQ ended that night.
About four to five cars reached his house and that lessen the burden that we bear since afternoon. Jason and Yu Full were actually done marinating the chickens and lambs, and mine with my potato salad. Only the drinks, cocktail, fruits and other side dishes for the night left, for them to proceed the task. I was so delighted when one of the girls asked "Aunty, ada apa-apa nak tolong lagi?" and the mom said "Tanya Idora. Dia tau semua". I was like wow. She gave the authority for me to instruct the other guests, as if I dah biasa dengan everything about the house. Maybe I looked like I am, but let me make it clear, that was my first time going to his house. The other girls could ask me "Idora, you selalu datang rumah ni eyh?". Very ironic, isn't it?
The BBQ wasn't actually a formal meeting with his parents, but it's a small gathering among our ADP friends before they are all off to US. Most of my JPA friends are flying this August. Yeah right, what a bad time. In the fasting month, and Raya will be in other people's country, with the cultural shock and waiting still for the jet-lag to disappear. For MARA scholars, now we have another semester to go, every single day without these friends. Being the only superseniors in ADP. If the seniors make a who-are-you face to the juniors back then, but now it's the junior who will whisper "Who the hell are these people?"
P/s: Not all in the pictures are JPAs and MARAs. Jim, Surya and You Jin are some of the private students who are close to me and By.
Germaine ang You Jin was helping me adding some black papers into the potato salad. It tasted so amazing. And very amazing I claim since that was my first potato salad hand-made ever. And did you know how amazing it is until his Angah thought that his mom ordered from somewhere else? Ka Ching Ka Ching..
Kembang kempis hidung saya. Kan dah naik credit.
They're doing the cocktail. Instructed by Aunty.
Ceyh sempat buat modelling pulak while orang lain tengah duk busy.
Everyone with oily faces
Anis and Nikki,
two best friends from the moment we entered ADP.
They're the most lovely ladies that I know.
Credit to Iqbal, wonderful cupcakes.
They bbq the marshmallows.
Mei Ting always do the guy's thing.
Punyalah rajin anak dara ni sampai basah baju dia buat air.
Pictures tell everything,
about every single second that we spent to the next.
Anis is not one of the ADPians but she's still going to US as she has just finished her A-Levels.
She's close to some of ADPians like By and Lyn so that's why she was here.
Syera used to be my housemate when I was staying in Casa.
After tired of taking pictures and cleaning the backyard, they gathered inside the house, chit chat and play any sort of games. Well as usual, Surya would always be the master of the game. With her truth or dare and such.
While they were all gathered as one, I was busy all alone in the kitchen washing dishes and rearrange the plates and other cook utensils. It's not that they did not want to lend a hand in the kitchen but it wasn't much to be done. I was grateful as they've finished cleaning the backyard once I looked for a mop at outside.
As I passed by the group,
I said "Wahhh,, everyone looks tired already."
And then Mei Ting said
"It's not that we're tired, but you are tired la dummy."
Last sweet moment with you guys.
Ji Chuan said "Why my girlfriend never dare to meet my parents? I dare her for two years already."
Huhu
Wahh siapa yang duduk ayu bersimpuh di belakang tu.
That's cute little boy is Adam. I'm so amazed everytime By calls him "Yang"
Yang as in "Nak makan apa yang?"
Yeah right, just don't be shock about the fact.
Yeap I call my boyfriend as "By" and he calls me the same way too. The friends always make fun of us everytime I shout "Byyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!" and they would follow "Byyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!" as well. It sounds funny but it's awkward when his Angah calls him a "By" as well. Everytime I saw sms from Angah in his phone, he would call my boyfriend as "B". Haaa...I'm not gonna blow the secret. And now I found it really awkward when two people in the same house call him a "By" at the same moment. Or maybe berbalas balas "By" "By".
The last conversation that will remain still in my memory
George : So how Idora? Mission accomplished?
Other friends : What? What is it? What mission?
George : To convince the parents.
Me: Of course. Heheheheh (Dalam hati, "Insya Allah")
Typo typo "Never let your fire stop burning"





































good job, IDORA! haha..can't rmb i said that caption anyway! but sorry, if i did said the word dummy! LOL. and guess what, you will miss us replying 'Byyyyyyyyyy' on behalf of you. =D
ReplyDeleteTAKE CARE, MY FRIEND! =D
Naahh dummy is okay..
ReplyDeletehurm yeah, sure ill miss you guys replying Byyyyy and all your Mandarin backtalking me with acap. =)