Tuesday, November 22, 2011

So, which University?

Well let me start with the hesitation of going to these two universities since it's no longer a nightmare to me anymore as I've already made my mind.

They are Temple University and Drake University.

Temple University is in the center of "Brotherly Love" city, what else if not Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. The pros of going to Temple U of course because it's located in the middle of a happening city, like 1 hour away to New York! What do you expect? After all the surveys and analysis, I found out that there are a lot more cons of going to Temple U.

 First, I don't think Temple U is listed among the best school for actuarial science compared to Drake U. As when I asked alumni of US, they wouldn't know where Temple U is. Second, not to say I can't be independent yet, I believe having seniors (as in acquaintances) in a particular University is really helpful. Since some of my JPA friends have started their school one semester earlier there, it's kinda bonus for me too. Third, Temple U is kinda small campus like Taylor's College the one in Subang Jaya SS15.

Not too bad about Drake U, speaking of the size of the campus, Drake is more spacious. Like a normal big campus town. And speaking of having school in the middle of metropolitan area, Drake U is just not that bad. Of course, to compare with other Unis or Temple U to be specific, Drake U is in Des Moines, Iowa which is the capital city of Iowa. I know I know. My friends said Des Moines is really peaceful and not as lively as the other Unis that are located in town. It's okay then. I'm sick of having classes in an urban area ( Just as a comfy..Teehee..) Plus Kak Nat said that it's better to choose Drake because the purpose of going is not to play around, but to study and graduate. She also said, no point to live in an urban area but you burn your scholarship on your living expenses. It's better to save, and do a lot of travelling.

Next, is about the transfer credit. Temple U accepted less credit hours compared to Drake U. But after I checked with my JPA seniors there, they said it's not that all credit hours that are transferable considered transferable. Urmmm how do I put this. It's like some of the courses which counted transferable in the transcript, still I have to retake the course in Drake because the one I learnt in Taylor's was only the basic while the one in Drake is more to prepare you to sit for Professional Papers (as if I'm planing to take).

Owh another bonus about going to Drake is that, Again! It's a private University. And I also got the University's scholarship USD9000.

How can I forget the most obvious thing. People kept asking me this.
"So same Uni with him?"
"What? Why not going to the same Uni?"
So let me explain real clear over here. Because he intended to go to a better school which is University of Wisconsin-Madison. Speaking of him pulak, I show you the pros and cons in term of long distance between these two Unis.


A -  University of Wisconsin Madison
B - Temple University, Philadelphia
C - Drake University, Des Moines, Iowa

Wisconsin to Temple = 18 hours driving
Wisconsin to Drake = 5 hours driving.

So you know the answer. Teehee.

Specially in this post, I wanna thank all of my friends who helped.
George, Mei Ting, Han Fang for application and everything
Raiihan and some of the seniors for giving infos about Temple U. Even though it's not my final decision, still I appreciate all the help from you guys. Really really thank you.
Angel about gadgets in US (ceyh da survey dulu)
Reezal for Drake infos.
And the very last, a special thank you to Farah Nadiah! Oh my God. You've been really really helpful Farah. Thank you so so much. Thank you about the info of Drake U and very much on the housing.
And yeah, very personally to thank Athira. This one, let it be a secret between us.

After all the worries, now I'm excited.

Omegodd!! Is that our freaking mascot?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...