Friday, November 11, 2011

The Last of the Mohicans

Ever heard of the Last of the Mohicans?
What's so great about Mohicans?
Not until you see the cover page of the book.


Yeah right?
Know how boring it is to read something really oldies?
The reading part is "awesome" and the understanding part is tremendously awesome!

tis - this
 'twas - it was
 'tis - it is
 'twill - it will
 atween - between


The hell I know all these words in the first place right. I really wanna thank Wordweb for accompanying me while reading Last of the Mohicans. All these words cuma basic words from the whole book je. Yang lain2 tu lagi la macam tuttttt...Seriously, it's damn COOL. Owh for god sake! Of course I didn't choose to read this kinda book. Plus I'm not a novels/storybooks freak. It's an assignment for my History 105 course which has been assigned like a month ago. And me, just started. Which is good Idora! Hahha.

Anyways, I found History 105 is an awesome course where it tells you about US History before 1877, how and why did Europe conquer America in the first place. Did you know it started when Spain wanted to sail to get to Asia but they landed at America instead. Which they thought it was Asia until a guy named Amerigo Vespucci confirmed with the European people that it wasn't Asia but a new land. Then they named it America based on Amerigo's. And did you know that Pocahontas story really existed?

And from History 105 I finally found out a guy named Noah Webster changed a lot of American spelling which came from England, just because American was dying to be so different than the Brit. Did you know most of Americans ancestors actually came from England?


Tapi tu la dia kan. Education changed a lot of myths and facts.
Don't say America la, say our own country.
Did you actually know that there are a lot of untrue facts in our academic History textbook when we were in high school? I know I'm not the person who does a lot of reading, but at least I'm not that naive.
About this America history thing, yeah. To compare with history of Islam, memang eventually you sedar la punya banyak nye selok belok kelicikan "mereka".

Owh about my assignment, haha. Ask me how do we need to present the assignment? Our very own work, really? Of course there are a lot of plagiarism. But don't worry, it's considered legal as long as I know how to cite them. Seriously speaking, the assignment is so gonna kick my butt. Who said it's just a short synopsis of the book? Then it's easy. It's second year degree cha'll, what do you expect? Mr Leong wants the historical accuracy and the relevance as well. Due on November 25th, can I complete the assignment before time? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...