What a cheerful family, isn't it? Alhamdulillah after one whole month puasa, we eventually gathered as one at Jalan Daud, Muar Johor. See, can you actually count how many of us in the picture? No, it's not all of us. Not all 10 families in Jalan Daud. 7 aunties and 3 uncles, can you imagine how big the family would be? And wait, don't exclude the great grandchildren as well.
One thing that I love about this family, we don't differentiate each other with how much cash that we keep in our pocket, what kinda car we drive, how big the house is, etc. Very different from other families. We might do a lot of gossips about each other and that might sound awful. Yet, from there, we learn and we apply in our own pathways of life.
Again, one thing about going back to Muar, the kids would be the first exciting thing in my to-do-list. They're really naughty and adorable.Very playful. So so tired of taking care every each one of them, as if I'm the big Momma in the house. I don't know. I just couldn't stop myself from playing with them, and I even ignored my cousin gang lepaking in the house.
Two cars from Kuala Pilah arrived Muar around Monday evening and the whole family iftar together for the first time this Ramadhan. Speaking of makan, yeah we ate damn a lot!
Sempoi kan? Makan dekat luar rumah je. Tak tengok lagi kitorang tidur macam mana.
Kalau boleh, satu bantal tu nak 3 orang.
The night before Raya ni, we just watched the kids playing bunga api and mercun. Konon2 dah besar la kan. But the night of first Hari Raya onwards, we just couldn't withstand seeing the kids finish up all the mercun which always sponsored by Uncle Don. So, of course we main sama2. And how lovely to see everyone lari2 kene baling dengan mercun "sesat".
In the morning of first Hari Raya, we went sembahyang raya at the mosque nearby.
On the way back, in the car the girls said "Dah sampai ni nak make up terus. Transformation!"
But once we reached Opah's, the others went straight to the dining table and serang all the ketupat, lemang and rendang. Tapi me, I went to the girls room and paint my face with my make up kit while they were all eating.
Proven! I wasn't in the picture.
Warning! The picture ni sekadar alas perut sahaje ye.
Now it's time to play the colors on our face!
Sesi bergambar with my family of 7. Sesi bersalam salaman which would be the last before the two years in US.
Ina with her hijab.
Yeap she was actually crying because we usha2 die da pakai tudung.
Well of course, she's the most sensitive in the family.
And to just make it clear, she wears hijab not because of her boyfriend. She didn't even tell the boyfriend about her new image until they skype at KP that day.
Pictures of us. That's Hana in the middle.
Haiqal's mom. Yes, she's a MOM!
A picture of me with the queen of the family.
Seriously! I have no idea why I looked that confused, unknown, sad, biol. However you wanna call it.
Razan and Aye.
That's my crazy cousin.
And then their second round of makan2, which was my first!
Lepas tu masuk dalam rumah, kutip duit raya. And snap2.
That was me serving the family from the other side. Still, me and my ex, we didn't talk for like three years already. I wish that we can still talk like a normal cousin since we now are more matured than we were 3 years ago. He's the only second cousin that I know personally as himself, the others sekadar salam2 je. Anyways, it's good that I still keep in touch with his lovely sisters, Kak Natrah and Kak Ani. But they both celebrate Raya overseas this year. He looks quite different now, and my cousin said that he's now working. Well good for him. =) This year tak berborak sangat with the parents because Aunty tak balik and Uncle Aman a bit rush nak balik that day.
Ok takpe. Banyak lagi pictures best2.
Haiqal and Izaaz (the boys) are my nephews and Khausaar (The girl) is my cousin.
What a confusion have the world done to the kids.
Haiqal.
I'm so gonna miss all the crying and laughing, the haruk pikuk during first Hari Raya for two years.
A must to do thing on first Hari Raya.
Credit to my cousin Alif for being the photographer.
Ugly gila semua orang.
Awesome seyh!!!
Hana and family
Hani and family
Mak Itam and family
Then, just a few hours....
We continued eating........
Hehe.."Ayu nya cucu saya" kata Opah.
Omaigowd!!! Aye? Seriously?
How handsome my cute little Ahmad Don.
Then on the night of second Hari Raya, we celebrated Along's(Haziq) 24th birthday. Began with "Allah selamatkan kamu" song, continued with Along's doa, and ended with a slimgy egg smashed on his head. Damn, aku pun terkena!
Owh yeah, bukan itu je. We managed to have an awesome last minute BBQ with everyone. Nak tau berapa last minute nya? We actually just kepoh2 to make this BBQ thing to umpan Hana and Hani's (our married cousins) husbands to stay for one more night. Which means, nak trick they all agree to balik the other side on third Hari Raya. Surprisingly, they agreed. Like Owhmaigowd! Dah la tak confirm nak BBQ.We finally discussed for the things yang nak beli, list out all the ingredients, and collect balik duit raya from every each one of the cousins. Chickens sponsored by Mak Itam, other seafood by Uncle Don. Untuk ingredients and side dishes mostly sponsored by Maksu. Memang Awesome gila because all the seafood fresh dari laut. That's the good thing when you have an uncle yang ade connection dengan orang laut ni. Call je orang terus hantar rumah. Tak payah susah2 nak pergi pasar.
Bayangkan we started marinade around Maghreb kot. And with all the side dishes. Yeap. One thing about having a very big family, senang nak handle last minute event ni.
This is the most awesome Raya and I will always treasure every moment with them. I am just so lucky for celebrating this Raya as everyone was there. Sigh. How can I imagine a Raya without the kids, family, cousins, aunts and uncles next year onwards. I really hope that they won't forget to Skype me on the first day of Raya. Well dengan kepoh2 Raya diorang tu, tak da makna nye nak ingat Idora di perantauan. I remember there was one Raya where my cousin Mubin while he was in Texas called his mother on Hari Raya and kirim salam we all. Along when he was in Mesir, posted a Raya card for the family.
I always bring my laptop for Hari Raya. I collected all the pictures from everyone's camera and transferred to my laptop, then I connect a cable from my laptop to the big screen LCD at Opah's. Play the slide shows with Raya songs as background. Not enough with this year's pictures, I showed everyone 2009 and 2010 raya pictures as well. Then they said "Waaa...next year dora tengok sorang2 dekat US."
I replied "Haa next year dah tak da orang nak incharge slide show gambar2 kita ni." Huhu.
I'll make sure that they're gonna miss me more than I would next year. Hahha. Yet, I'm not sure if I celebrate Hari Raya in US or in Malaysia next year because it's still too soon to plan. I heard Raya next year would be during Summer which means during my holidays. But one of my aunts who studied in US last time said that it's better to stay the whole two years there because it's just only two years. It's kinda waste to be in Malaysia just for a month. We'll see about it.
Whatever it is, I really enjoy this Raya. Full of smiles and laughter. I hope next year will still be as happening as this one. No tears hopefully.
No comments:
Post a Comment