The most famous of Rosalind Cartwright's research is the dream of those who are depressed from a recent divorce, may contribute to overcome their depression. This can explain why some people seem to recover from depression while others do not.
Rosalind Cartwright said
"The preliminary data suggests that emotional problem solving takes place during dreaming. Preliminary data reveals that when dreams of the ex-spouse are seen in a casual or distant manner, the recently separated or divorced person will begin to recover and cope with the life change.
While the opponent asserted that
"Dreaming about a former spouse does not necessarily mean that the dreams contain any solutions to problems arising from the divorce. Instead, it more likely simply "reflects" a concern with the issue."
However, Cartwright also conluded that,
"The study is suggestive.
There was only one night of dream collection, and some who did not dream of the spouse that night might well be experiencing a great deal of incorporation of the problem of this relationship on other nights. Also there was a long gap between that one night of dreaming and the follow-up interview, during which many new reality factors would have intervened" "There's no solution but at least human being benefit from working through it"
What bugging me about her research for my presentation is her another thesis states about the sleepwalking people as known as somnumbulism. I am just a little bit confused whether this research does relate to my main presentation as in her Problem Solving-Dream Theory or not? I wish someone can explain to me about this. If say I ask Mr Tarosh, I bet he would say,, "That's the part you need to search yourself"
2 hours later....
Done with the slides....
Not gonna put the sleepwalking thingie as part of my presentation because I assumed it just out of my topic even though the research has been done by the same psychologist.
But the conclusion is, take a long sleep when you're upset. It's not gonna help you to solve the problem, but
"If you go to sleep with a bad mood, the brain goes to work right away on negative dream material at the beginning of the night so the bad mood has dissipated by the end of the night."
However, don't underestimate her research as there's a proof that a famous chemist found a structural formula of Benzene from his dream after a long period of time he had been working on it.
People might be able to cope better strategies to solve problem by dreaming. Why am I saying that?
Click down there

Check this out >>>>> Friedrich August Kekulé von Stradonitz
So, did you learn anything today? Yes I do. Now I know that thesis and theses are just the same thing. Stupid me.

No comments:
Post a Comment